Monday, June 1, 2009

Celebrity Addictions

Hey Blog,

Robots

We had Darius Rucker over the weekend perform at the House of Blues and I thought it was interesting the reaction that people who meet him had. Rude? he wasn't..... he just wasn't engaging. On stage, he was amazing... worked the crowd, very passionate. It lead me to wonder if in fact all celebrities are robots. I have always thought for years that celebrities start out as people, but as they age they are secretly put in a mountain cavern to live out there years while a perfect human robot replica finishes out there lives. It would make sense. Anyone else see Lionel Ritchie lately? Hasn't age a day since 1982!!

MTV Movie Awards

Now I'm all about dropping a good F bomb here and there, but what is the point if the TV network that airs your programming won't allow it. Also does anyone turn to their TV watching partner and go "no idea what swear word they used.... I think it was in french." Was the Enimem thing real? I think it was staged like Princess Diana death and Regis' career. I did like the Ben Stiller tribute with Triumph the insult dog, puppets are always funny. I would be ticked though if I was a puppet and I saw that guy that shoves his hands up my inners walk out of the bathroom without washing he's hands.

Jay Leno is dead
Or so I thought, come to find out that NBC is just moving his show. You would have thought by the coverage that Jay Leno had invented popcorn or parachute pants ( I miss how comfy they were, plus they had so many pockets.) He isn't even leaving TV... he's just replaces Law and Order: Walmart Shoplifting Unit.

Got to go blog, it's 90 plus weather and the beach is calling my name. I know what your thinking... great I'm hearing voices again!!!

-JD

No comments: