Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

Hey Blog,

Had a good weekend. Actually got 3 days off which i think I needed to just get my sanity back. I have been back in the hotel for a little over a week. If you have ever spent a lot of time in a hotel after a while you start going crazy. It's kinda of like jail but without all the nasty stabbings.

Opening Pitch
So I got to throw out the first pitch at the Pelicans game over the weekend. It's a little over 60 feet to the catcher and I didn't make it the entire way. The Easter Bunny actually did a better job than I did. However, after I went back to my seat I had someone yell "Don't quit your day job." It got me to think. You know, even if I had thrown a 98 mile hour fast ball i'm pretty sure I wouldn't turn in my resignation the next day so I can go on tour throwing out the first pitch at random minor league baseball games over the country. I'm also pretty sure i'm not going to "quit my day job" to play Golden Tee either.

Nightclubing
I went to a pretty cool nightclub on Saturday night. While I was there I realized. I have no business being a nightclub at my age. Here are signs your too old for a nightclub

1) You complain it's too loud.
2) Your shirt is from Tommy Bahama
3) You don't know what the X's mean on a girl's hand
4) You dig that new song "Baby Got Back"
5) When you get the bar bill you tell back in my day shots were only a nickel stories

okay blog-- I get to be a ringmaster tonight at the circus. I think I might wear my Tommy Bahama shirt.

love,
JD

No comments: