Saturday, April 18, 2009

You Find out who your Friends Are

Hey Blog,

So I thought I would try my hand at being serious today.

Value
I have noticed something recently about myself and people around me. People will treat you with value if they see you have value. I'll give you a great example- watch this video about Susan Boyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

You will see how the audience, the judges and everyone else looks at her with disgust as she is walking out of the stage. The audience and everyone else doesn't think she has any value. Then she sings, she's good, instant value.

The other day I was at a restuarant. The manager of the restaurant recognizes me, he then gave me my meal for free. I have value to him. However, if I lost my job or that value, I can guarantee that I wouldn't get any more free meals. Now I don't bring this up because I think we can change it, we can't.

Think of your past experiences with relationships or jobs. If you don't bring value to the relationship or job, eventually you will lose both. However, I will say this. A good friend, a good relative or even a great partner will always see the value in you... when you don't think you have any. Surround yourself around people that find you valuable even when you might not be. When I was out of work, I wasn't valuable. I didn't have any money, I had gained a bunch of weight, I wasn't feeling creative. Then one day with the help of Dani P, I realized... I am acutally a rather creative guy. I do have value and from there I started to blog my thoughts and ideas right here. Now 4 months later, I have a great job, great relationships and i've lost most of the extra weight. I have value. So do you by the way.

okay no more preaching.


JD

No comments: