Friday, February 6, 2009

Pee Wee's Play House

Good Afternoon blog,

Pee Wee's Play House
I was thinking today how much I wish that inanimate objects spoke to me. What I wouldn't give to have a chair talk to me, telling me brilliant crafty jokes
"Do you know why aliens don't eat clowns?" asks Chairy
"Why?"
"Because they taste funny!!" everyone laughs

Job Update
So I actually had some good news on the job front which means I might be working again soon. I'll find out next week. This comes at a good time because well... I am completely broke. It's actually quite funny how broke I am, this was a phone conversation I had with a creditor just this a.m.

"Is this Brian?" ask the creditor with a strain in his voice
"Well, Yes it is." I proudly state.
"You own us a lot of money, how can we get you to pay us?"
"Wanna buy a kidney?"
He didn't laugh. I actually am selling my kidneys right now they are buy one get one free.

Movie Levels
So I have figured out that I have 3 systems in my brain when it comes to how harshly I judge a movie.
1) Did I pay to see it in a theater? If I did I tend to judge it very harshly, a 9 lets say on the Oliver-Platt harshness scale. (Note: This isn't the actor Oliver Platt but rather the Oliver-Platt harshness scale with 1 not being very harsh to 10, ouch that was harsh)
2) Did I pay to rent it? I tend to rate them at a 5 on the same scale. For example, I loved Super Rod on DVD but probably would have hated it in theaters
3) Did I get to see it for free? here are a list of movies that I thought should have won the Oscar just because I didn't pay a dime: Friday the 13th 1-8, 27 Dresses (however it should have been called 26 dresses and a suit), Hotel For Dogs, Titanic (wait that did win an Oscar), Gigli (pronounced G-Lee not Gig-Lee) and Transformers (instant classic)

Sorry blog I rambled today, love you
Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are my hero