Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good Directions

Hey Blog,

Good Directions
So as you know I have only lived in Myrtle Beach for the past few weeks. I have found their are several ways that people give directions. There is the anger direction giver that "doesn't understand" why it is that you don't know where your going and is mad at you for not understanding where your going.

"It's right next to the dunkin dounts!" he yells
"Which one?" I ask
" Fine!!! Down the road from the McDonald's... you idiot!!" he sighs

There is the over detailed direction giver that gives landmarks that are familar to them but no one else.

"So you'll take a turn at the place that use to be called the Old Red Barn," they continue
"Although it hasn't been there for a couple of years. " they state Sweetly
" Thanks, I'll just stab myself in the eye there then." I reply

Then there is Garmin. My sweet lady voice of GPS that tells me in kind computerize british accent turn by turn directions. Sometimes when its just her and I in the car, I confess my undying love. I picture us running towards each other in a wheat field...my hair blowing in the wind.... her power cord blowing in the wind.... sometimes I stroke her face... typing sexy restuarants that we can drive to. However, sometimes she betrays me, leads me down the wrong path, a little out of the way. Or does she do that on purpose, just so she can spend some extra time with me... I wonder.

Passing along Knowledge
One of our interns the other day, bless her little beating heart, actually called me for directions. I'm not sure why, since, like i've said in the past, I've only been here 2 weeks or so. Her on the other hand has been here 5 years. So I yelled at her and told her how to get there making up imaginary landmarks along the way. Ha Ha Ha!!!

love you blog,
JD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, angry direction giver, they should do one of those budweiser commericals mr angryyyy direction givvvveerrrrrrrr. haha